Tuesday, January 17, 2012

FLASHPOINT

So, I'm finding it kind of ironic that on the day that I become unemployed, our single "Wait" is going to be played on a popular tv show. This show is called: Flashpoint. Channel? ION. TIME? 10pm. I will admit that Guy and I plan on sitting down and watching it. Even though we've seen the clip where our song plays, it will be neat to see it on live television. It will also be a confidence booster to yours truly, because I am trying my hardest not to freak out or get down about being back, yet again, on the unemployment line.

Enough about me, lets talk about how we got onto Flashpoint. We have a friend named Brad Yoder. He is basically a legend in the Pittsburgh music scene. He found an interest in our song and passed it along to Beth who works for a production company. She took our song, shopped it around and landed us a sweet deal on this show. And I know I will forever be grateful, as I'm sure Guy will be as well. Is it too soon though to say that I hope we get more and more? haha

I'm trying to think of what to write about. This day has just been a flurry of quitting jobs, Pittsburgh rain, driving my sister to the airport, and making lists to begin figuring out what the hell I'm going to do next. All I know though is that Broken Fences and music are my real jobs. Tonight we celebrate Broken Fences. It's only been a year and a half since we started this band, and we've come this far. We can only go farther...expecially once our debut album comes out! :p

Hope you all have a good night, and sleep well. I know I will.
-Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment